[MPlayer-users] Re: TOOLS/subrip.c - can't compile (current CVS)

mail-lists+mp at dogphilosophy.net mail-lists+mp at dogphilosophy.net
Sun Mar 27 20:00:22 CEST 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 08:29 pm, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 07:48:21PM -0700, mail-lists+mp at dogphilosophy.net
wrote:
> > Not sure where to go from here - trying to compile up the "subrip"
> > application to try out subtitle conversion with the new release of gocr,
> > but it dies complaining of a missing "identify" symbol in vobsub.o
> >
> > I can PLAY DVD's just fine with mplayer compiled from current CVS
> > (including display of subtitles), though on the other hand "-vobsubout"
> > (as listed in the man page) is coming up as an unrecognized option
> > ("Unknown option on the command line: vobsubout").  Is vobsub.c/vobsub.h
> > currently broken, or is this something I could fix on my end?
>
> vobsubout is an mencoder option, not mplayer.
>
> rich

AH, thanks for the correction - and it DOES work in mencoder, so I'm guessing
this is a bug in subrip.c rather than vobsub.c.  That leaves my "core"
question though - is there anything I can do from my end to get subrip to
compile?  The only reference to an "identify" function I spotted in the
mplayer source is in cdda.c - I'm guessing this isn't really relevant, is it?

Is this just a missing flag in the the compile line that I could insert, or
does subrip.c need to be updated to match the vobsub code?  Or is there an
obscure bug in the vobsub code itself?

cc -I.. -g -o subrip
subrip.c ../vobsub.o ../spudec.o ../mp_msg.o ../unrarlib.o ../postproc/swscale.o ../postproc/rgb2rgb.o ../postproc/yuv2rgb.o ../libmpcodecs/img_format.o
-lm
subrip.c: In function `main':
subrip.c:220: warning: passing arg 4 of `vobsub_open' from incompatible
pointer type
/tmp/ccYMkQGH.o(.text+0x48a): In function `draw_alpha':
/tmp/temp/main/TOOLS/subrip.c:167: warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous,
better use `mkstemp'
../vobsub.o(.text+0xea2): In function `vobsub_parse_one_line':
: undefined reference to `identify'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [subrip] Error 1

(Slackware Linux "current", ix86, kernel version 2.6.11 if it matters...)