[MPlayer-users] Long-time TV recording to DivX/AVI?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Mar 25 13:20:02 CET 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:12:23 +0100 (CET)
Rainer Hantsch <office at hantsch.co.at> wrote:

> This is correct, but needs a.) the double space on the harddisk, b.) a lot of
> time.

a) It needs twice the space only for a very short time.

b) It does not take much time. It's as fast as your hard drive can write the file to disk.

> The result is that every video then is heavily out of sync.

I've never had any problem.  You aren't using VBR audio are you?

> I also
> tried to use mencoder to re-index files that cannot be played, because I
> terminated recording of mencoder (running in background) with "killall -HUP
> mencoder".

You can terminate mencoder more nicely in the future.

> The same. I record usually with 1 second interval of keyframes, the
> result of repairing this is for trash.

What's wrong with it?

>  Instead, I must cut out
> first every interesting part one by one and then - finally - paste them
> together.

It sounds like you are editing backwards for some reason (or perhaps I don't understand what you are trying to say).  You should be setting A-B marks around the areas you don't want to save, and delete them.  Then you have all the pieces you want, together.