[MPlayer-users] subtitle problems

MJH mjhlists-mplayer at liminalflux.net
Thu Mar 17 06:15:16 CET 2005

 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:

> > Yes, I've seen those. I've seen a couple DVD where such an odd timestamp
> > would come in the middle and show for example 00:00:00:001, breaking all
> > subs after it. Assuming mencoder read it correctly from the DVD, it
> > simply means that the DVD is badly mastered. Remove or correct that first
> > timestamp to a sane value and all will be fine.

Removing the errant index entry did indeed remove the problem. There must be a
way to do that in code so you don't have to do it by hand though.

In the mean time, is there a way to get the subtitles back into the ripped
video? (I hunted through the docs but couldn't find anything). Or do you have
to keep video, sub and inx files around?

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 2:20 am, Florian Mickler wrote:

> wouldnt it be better of mplayer to ignore such out-of-the-order
> timestamps/subtitles? and not let them break the rest?

Even better would be reordering them, so you don't loose the out-of-order
ones.

> seems like a bug-report-worthy bug....

What more information is needed?