[MPlayer-users] subtitle problems

Martin Ankerl martin.ankerl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:58:10 CET 2005

> In the mean time, is there a way to get the subtitles back into the ripped
> video? (I hunted through the docs but couldn't find anything). Or do you have
> to keep video, sub and inx files around?

You could create a .mkv (matroska file format) file that contains the
video and the subtitles. I am not shure if mkv supports sub and idx,
maybe you have to convert it into something else.
I always convert my videos to mkv, as it takes less space than avi and
allows multiple subtitles and audiostreams.
See http://www.matroska.org/

--
Martin Ankerl | http://martinus.geekisp.com/