[MPlayer-users] help wanted: using mencoder to make NTSC DVD from transport stream

Aaron Peterson dopplecoder at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:49:21 CET 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:46:25 +0100, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Aaron Peterson wrote:
>
> >>If there are many and frequent frameskips add -mc 0 -noskip.
> >>
> >I tried this with a .wmv (that claims to be 1000 fps according to
> >mplayer?).  I used -ofps 30 and -oac mp3lame.  It came out looking
> >very nice, but the video lags noticeably behind the audio in the
> >resulting file.
>
> and without -mc 0 -noskip ?
> If you upload a sample to ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming and
> post the filename I will give it a look
>
> >I'm wondering what better techniques might be
> >employed in such situations.  Could I expect similar discrepancy if I
> >were re-encoding from mpeg4?  Will I encounter similar problems
> >anytime I try to modify the frame rate?  Or does this have more to do
> >with re-encoding the audio?
>
> I bet it has something to do with the container of the original file,
> in this case asf/wmv

I tested with and without -mc 0 -noskip and got basically the same
result.  Lag in both cases.  So I take it from your surprise, that
this should work well with most files, and this is probably an
exceptional case?  I uploaded 3 files to /MPlayer/incoming/video_lag:
the script (basically only contains the mplayer command line
executed), the source file and the destination file.  Hope it's
helpful :-)