[MPlayer-users] webcam codecs

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Mar 3 06:52:48 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 11:25:55PM -0500, jklaas wrote:
> > The only part that's a waste of our time is your not listening to what
> > I already said and not RTFM'ing. :)
>
> I apologize for forgetting about the top-posting.  As far as finding

That's not what I meant by not listening to me. I told what was
involved in getting a codec to work, and how to see if it would be
possible or not, early on...

> documentation on mplayer, the documentation to get it running is complex
> enough, attempting to wade through everything else to see if I could

I think it's in the FAQ, but I'm not certain.

> contribute to the development in one small part is a little
> overwhelming.

Normally loading a new codec, if it's possible, is just a matter of
adding a few lines to codecs.conf. Not really part of development, but
still useful to people who want it.

Rich