[MPlayer-users] Newbie question, I know ...

Henrik Nielsen museion at kalliope.org
Fri Jun 3 01:46:53 CEST 2005

Hey, all.

I know this is probably a dreadful beginner's question, but I can't seem
to find any solutions in MPlayer's options for this particular problem.

The thing is, full screen isn't really working as I expect "full screen"
to work. Imagine that I'm watching a video and it's dimensions when in
windowed mode are 800*600. So now I'd rather watch it in full screen, so
I right-click and pick "Full screen". In doing so, I was hoping that the
video itself got maximized to it reached all borders of my screen, but
instead it remains at 800*600, while the rest out to my screen's borders
is just black background (which is 1280*940).

To illustrate: http://groborthir.lir.dk/~hn/mplayer.jpg

No matter how I resize or enter full screen, the actual picture area
won't become larger, while the black borders just increase when I try to
resize or enter full screen.
--
Henrik Nielsen <museion at kalliope.org>