[MPlayer-users] Problems

Sebastian Krämer spambouncer at skraemer.de
Wed Jul 27 02:41:31 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 02:17, Giulio Daprelà wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm completely new on this list, and I'd like to understand better
> some issues I have in my installation
> .
> My system works with a kernel 2.11.ck7 patched to have the supermount
> feature. On this system I've installed the last version of MPlayer,
> GMPlayer, and also the KPlayer frontend.

At first, two question that are important if you're reporting problems or even
bugs:

1. have you tried to play the files / dvds from commandline (to be sure it's
no problem with mplayer itself)

2. which version are you using ? (for bug reports it's important (at least
desired) that you try cvs version..)

I'm compiling kplayer right now to see if there are any problems.

From what I've learned from dvds so far is that title and/or audio track
information aren't always right, maybe some strange kind copy protection..

Please reply to the questions above, I'll try kmplayer in the meantime..

Sebastian