[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] Re: Crop before deinterlacing OK?

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Sun Jul 24 19:31:13 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 24. Juli 2005 04:40 schrieb RC:
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:12:54 +0200
>
> Matthias Wieser <mwieser at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Maybe I am the only one who does not like pp=lb
> > because of this effect:
>
> No, you're definately in the majority.  I seem to be almost the only
> person around here using pp=lb.

Have you ever tried pp=l5? It seems to be a variant of pp=lb which
produces slightly more sharpness. I think it should not have any
disadvantages.

> The ghosting looks dramatic in still images, but it doesn't bother me
> much at 30fps (except VERY fast scrolling text, which is rare).

With TFTs it is getting even worse because pp=lb lowers the contrast at
the edges of moving objects which rises the response time of TFTs.

Regards,
  Matthias