[MPlayer-users] Creating mp4 video with AAC audio

zikzak at tele2.fr zikzak at tele2.fr
Thu Jul 14 16:27:58 CEST 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:23:37 -0500
Kichigai Mentat <kichigai at comcast.net> wrote:

> MEncoder cannot create QuickTime files.

Post 1.0pre7 (CVS) can.  "-of lavf" then use the right filename
extension (like ffmpeg).

> I'm not sure if MEncoder will output to AAC,

Again, CVS can...  "-oac faac" and you only need to have faac installed.

Hi,

I've downloaded and compiled mplayer with :
./configure --enable-gui --enable-joystick --enable-menu
--enable-theora --enable-faac --enable-libavcodec

because --enable-libavformat does not work.

And now I can use -oac faac but I can no longer use -of lavf because :

make -C libavformat LIBPREF=lib LIBSUF=.a
make: *** libavformat: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [libavformat/libavformat.a] Error 2

Can you help me please ?

Regards
--
ZikZak