[MPlayer-users] How to run video file

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 14:23:15 CEST 2005

On Jul 15, 2005, at 06.33, inpreet wrote:

> Ok you tell me what should I write I don't have X11 installed. I
> only have
> frame buffer support on my processor
MPlayer should have frame buffer output built in, or at least the
version I have on my 6 year old Pentium III does. Just type
mplayer -vo help
and look for a frame buffer output in there. I know that apparently
my computer had two different kinds (though I could never make either
work).
> mips_linux# mplayer Lays_Potato_Chips1.mpeg
> This command won't work out for me......
Funny, because it should. MPlayer should have been smart enough to
figure out at compile time that X11 didn't exist, and set default to
something else it detected when you hit ./configure.