[MPlayer-users] mpalyer and vls

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 04:11:28 CEST 2005

"The real problem with hunting elephants is carrying the decoys."
(fortune spew)

On Jul 6, 2005, at 02.39, hema ku wrote:

> hello
>   i am new to video streaming video
>
> i have installed vls and mplayer on local machine
>
> i have installed mplayer on laptop
>
>  i want audio and video to be streamed on to laptop
> over lan
>
> how do i do it
>
> sugest me plz
This isn't the right mailing list, but here's what I'd do.

Ditch VLS. You won't need it. Set up a Samba share of your video
directory, or an NFS export (whichever you prefer). Mount that on
your laptop. Play from there. Even if you're using 802.11b or 10 Mbit
ethernet, you'll certainly have enough bandwidth to handle most videos.