[MPlayer-users] Frame # during playback???

Salman A. Khilji skhilji at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 13 05:58:48 CET 2005

I use dvd::rip/transcode to rip small scenes or songs from movie DVDs.

dvd::rip requires that you enter the start and the end frame number for
a clip of interest----I wish it took the start and the end time in a
format like 00:00:00.

How do I determine what the frame # is for a particular time into the
DVD using mplayer?

The way I currently do ripping is I have to guess the frame
number...okay start with 5000...oops too far ahead....try 4000...oops
too early....try 4200...4250....4271.....okay so now that is what I
want....now determine the end time guessing similarly...this takes too
much time with trial'n error.

Can mplayer help me in this?  When I play a dvd and pause it, I want
mplayer to give me the frame # on the console.

Currently I can get this using the LiVeS editor, but it takes too long
to load a single DVD chapter.

Salman