[MPlayer-users] Recording multistream ASF streams

Aleksey Sudakov zander at objectstorm.net
Tue Jan 11 18:12:57 CET 2005

> the dumped stream can be played with mplayer, but you could
> try the combination -dumpvideo -dumpaudio -dumpfile whatever.asf.
> this could get rid of the unwanted extra information because
> you tell mplayer explicitly to dump just the audio and the video.

Sometimes even mplayer cannot play dumped stream without specifying the
substream with -vid. It does work for http://vipmms.itele.fr/cpi_itele,
but doesn't work for http://video.corbina.tv/tv2 and couple others.
Unfortunately, corbina.tv filters out some traffic, so most will not be
able to connect to the server, so I will try to find more accessible
stream that confuse mplayer.

Anyhow, using -dumpvideo -dumpaudio instead of -dumpstream didn't work
at all. When mplayer attempts to play dumped stream ASF check fails with

ASF_check: not ASF guid

And then mplayer start guessing, wrongly detects TiVo file format and
exits.

Aleksey

P.S. I have mplayer 1.0pre6-3.3.5 that is just 2 weeks old