[MPlayer-users] Possible [BUG REPORT] decoding specific type of quicktime

Mike Thostenson mthostenson at prowessnetworks.com
Mon Jan 3 22:38:46 CET 2005

Hi all!

I have been using mplayer and mplayerplug-in for a while now. I like to
view weekly videos from www.transworldmotocross.com but the audio is way
out of sync with the video. This is the only site that mplayer does not
work for me and unfortunately the most important one for me. I posted the
following on the  mplayerplug-in forum at sourceforge.net. Thanks to Kevin
who replied and suggested that I post a message to this mailinglist. A
solution to this would be greatly appreciated...I hate having to boot into
windows to catch my weekly transworldmotocross videos.

By: Mike Thostenson - mthostenson
sound problems transworldmotocross.com vids
2004-12-30 21:56
I am addicted to 2 things...motocross and linux/opensource computing. I
have been using mplayer for quite a while now and still haven't been able
to figure out why every single site that uses quicktime works except for
transworldmotocross.com. I have tried several configs and even emailed
them asking them what they might be doing differently. Can someone try
viewing videos from this site and let me know if it works for them or
offer up a solution. I can see the videos just fine...the sound is just
way out of sync...too fast. Haven't seen this anywere else.

Thanks!

      By: Kevin DeKorte - kdekorteAccepting Donations
      RE: sound problems transworldmotocross.com vids
      2004-12-31 07:02
      I checked out this problem this morning and the error is with
mplayer. It seems to have audio decoding issues with those files.
You should post a bug on the mplayer-users mailing list and tell
them there is a bug with the following URL

      http://progressive.stream.aol.com/time/gl/mx/videos/2004/123004hamblin2_dl.mov

      or
      http://progressive.stream.aol.com/time/gl/mx/videos/2004/123004chandy2_dl.mov