[MPlayer-users] DVD sound problems on 1.0pre6

Matthew Mott matmott at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 2 23:39:13 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 23:21 +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > I also notice that I didn't have support for libdts in my mplayer.
>
> Yes, I forgot you need an additional lib to have that and since official
> RPMs carry only the minimum necessary feature set, DTS wasn't compiled in.
> I'll add it as a build-time option.
>
> R.

Excellent - I too encountered this problem when trying to upgrade to
pre6, which was annoying since I was particularly looking forward to DTS
audio.

On a related note, now that most distros are using kernel 2.6 which uses
ALSA as its sound system, would it not make sense to have ALSA support
enabled by default in the official RPMS?

Matthew