[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer & DD5.1 via SPDIF - I have only DD2.0: why ?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 19:07:38 CET 2005

On 12/28/2005 05:36 AM, sasza wrote:

> Matthias Schwarzott <zzam <at> gentoo.org> writes:
>
>>> Any way, I think - starting problem is too speedy playing. It is
>>> always when I choose hwac3
>>>
>>> milion thx for trying help !
>>
>> Problem could be that you already have any sound settings in
>> mplayer-config-files that disturb ac3-passthru.
>> Never combine -channels 6 and -ac hwac3.
>>
>> With -channels 6 mplayer switches to analog 6-channel output and
>> puts the left and right stereo channel on spdif output as PCM
>> 48kHz.
>
> Well,
> What You have in mind saying "mplayer-config-files".
> Is it "/etc/mplayer/mplayer.config".
> If so - I have in this file only one setting: "xo=xv"
> Should I check any other file ?

The primary MPlayer config file (that I know of) is "~/.mplayer/config".
Certainly that seems to be the only one mentioned in the docs. If your
version of MPlayer uses "/etc/mplayer/mplayer.config" (which, by the
way, does not even exist on my system), then it has probably been
modified by whoever distributed it, and is almost certainly not
supported here.

What's more, looking back at your original post, you are apparently
using MPlayer 1.0pre6. 1.0pre7try2 (the most recent actual release) is
considered ancient enough that very little support is provided for it;
there have certainly been numerous changes since 1.0pre6, and it is very
possible that any problem you are having has been fixed in the process.
Please consider switching to a more recent version.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.