[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer & DD5.1 via SPDIF - I have only DD2.0: why ?

Sasza warpme at o2.pl
Wed Dec 28 22:51:28 CET 2005

The Wanderer wrote:

> What's more, looking back at your original post, you are apparently
> using MPlayer 1.0pre6. 1.0pre7try2 (the most recent actual release) is
> considered ancient enough that very little support is provided for it;
> there have certainly been numerous changes since 1.0pre6, and it is very
> possible that any problem you are having has been fixed in the process.
> Please consider switching to a more recent version.

Thx for trying help !
I suspected that it might be problem of old version of mplayer. So at
the begining I issued:
apt-get update
apt-get install mplayer
Result:
"Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
mplayer is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 349 not upgraded."
This lead me to believe that I have most recent version - but it looks
like not :-(.

Q: I use EPIA (Via Unichrome CLE266 GPU) & MythTV R5A22
If I will upgrade to 1.0pre7 - what about VIA hw acceleration ?
Is XvMC for VIA Unichrome build-in into mplayer or somewhere else ?