[MPlayer-users] compiling and using mplayer/mencoder on AMD 64 bit architecture

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Tue Dec 27 04:03:21 CET 2005

Hi Philipp.  Sorry for the long delay in my reply.  This email slipped
through the cracks.

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 18:41 +0300, Phil Oleynik wrote:
> they are 32bit in the places where they really should be 64. Visually,
> it reveals itself as no subtitles are shown on the video. Video runs
> smoothly, mpssa sees timecode well, and indicates that subs DO exist.
> It even reads them correctly from file.

Could it be as simple as the overlay being hidden?  By default, the
overlay is hidden.  You have to show it by issuing a "overlay visible=1"
slave command.  Also make sure that you are invalidating the updated
region of the buffer when it becomes necessary.

BTW, I have released an updated patch that fixes several bugs and adds
an "autoslice" feature, where the slice region is automatically detected
on update.  (Specifying a slice region will vastly improve performance
in your case, and autoslice will do that for you.)

   http://sault.org/mebox/downloads/patches/

Cheers,
Jason.