[MPlayer-users] lavf demuxer 64bit problem?

Ryan Olf ryan at efrus.com
Sat Dec 10 11:55:28 CET 2005

I noted in the past that I had problems using the lavf demuxer on dvb streams.
This error was produced:
---------------------------------------
libavformat file format detected.
LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed

Exiting... (End of file)
---------------------------------------

When viewing a recorded .ts stream, the error is no longer present, but
instead, the stream is played extremely fast:
---------------------------------------
Playing file.ts.
libavformat file format detected.
[mpeg1video @ 0xa6bbf0]warning: first frame is no keyframe
VIDEO:  [mpg2]  704x480  0bpp  90000.000 fps  5000.0 kbps (610.4 kbyte/s)

This is the case with both gentoo's mplayer and mplayer CVS compiled in a
native AMD 64 environment.   When using gentoo's mplayer-bin, which is 32
bit, the exact same file plays normally:
---------------------------------------
Playing file.ts.
libavformat file format detected.
VIDEO:  [mpg2]  704x480  0bpp  29.970 fps  5000.0 kbps (610.4 kbyte/s)

Is this a known issue with 64 bit compiles of mplayer?  Note, the 32 bit
binary mplayer may not be compiled with exactly the same environment, so
something else could be going on.  Interestingly, on another .ts file,
recorded from a different station, both 64 and 32 bit mplayer fail with the
first error above.  Odd.  If anyone else cares to take a look, the files can
be obtained at
http://ryan.efrus.com/file1.ts  -- works in 32bit, not in 64
http://ryan.efrus.com/file2.ts  -- lavf causes error in both

Ryan