[MPlayer-users] How to tell if the video input is interlaced or not?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 21 08:36:20 CET 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:00:37 +0200
Florin Gherendi <florin_gf at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I've noticed some overlay problems with the last versions of Xorg and
> the nvidia drivers (official or not). In my case (nvidia GeForce2
> MX200) Xorg does not accept more than one overlay application to run
> simultaneously. More than that, mplayer changes some overlay settings
> that prevents xawtv to run after it.

Actually, it's related to xawtv and mplayer.  After pre7, mplayer
changed how it handles XV output, so programs like avidemux, ogle, etc.,
won't work after mplayer has been used.  In those cases, you can
actually run mplayer 1.0pre6 quickly to set XV back to it's normal
values, and then those applications will work again.

I'm guessing that xawtv uses the second xv port by default, which would
explain why it only happens for you if you use two instances of mplayer
at the same time.  You can force mplayer either always to, or never to
use that second port if you like...  eg. "-vo xv:port=82".  If you leave
the port argument off, mplayer uses the next available.

> Might be a similar problem here? I guess it is rather related to Xorg.

I seriously doubt it.  XV shouldn't affect capture.