[MPlayer-users] How to tell if the video input is interlaced or not?

Florin Gherendi florin_gf at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 20 11:00:37 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 02:47, RC wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:51:43 +0200
> "Jouni.Lohikoski at iki.fi" <jlohikos at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
>
> > I have Leadtek WinFast A310 Ultra MyViVo which works with the rivatv
> > driver providing v4l interface. But it only works without X.
>
> It only works without X?  That really doesn't make any sense to me.  I
> can't think of any reason a capture card would stop working when X
> starts.

I've noticed some overlay problems with the last versions of Xorg and
the nvidia drivers (official or not). In my case (nvidia GeForce2 MX200)
Xorg does not accept more than one overlay application to run
simultaneously. More than that, mplayer changes some overlay settings
that prevents xawtv to run after it. Might be a similar problem here?
I guess it is rather related to Xorg.