[MPlayer-users] any luck playing 1080i content through VGA output to HDTV?

Norman Ramsey nr at eecs.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 20 17:31:43 CET 2005

 > > Many, many filters don't work with -vo xvmc,
 >
 > No video filters work with -vo xvmc

So why is that?  I know nothing about the internal architecture, but I
would hope that maybe something simple like 'screenshot' would still
work.  Should be trying (dare I suggest) some other player?

 > > so I'm limited to the -vf pp=xxx family.  I've tried them all; they're
 > > all relatively ineffective;
 >
 > :-)
 > They're all *completely* ineffective when used with xvmc.  The thing
 > is, unlike other filters, they are just quietly disabled when xvmc is
 > enabled, rather than causing mplayer to crash like most others.

LOL :-)  This explains much.  I guess I should have bought the loud,
hot, expensive 3.4GHz CPU...

Norman