[MPlayer-users] Can anyone play this movie

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 16:01:38 CET 2005

On 12/17/2005 07:41 AM, Serge Matovic wrote:

> I'm sorry to bother you with this question again, but I'm determined
> to get my mplayer going on this movie.
> Here are the details:
> 1) I'm using Debian etch.
>
> 2) I download the movie to my hard drive, like this:
>
> $wget
> http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/ladyinthewater/ladyinthewater_h480p.mov
>
> 3) Try to play it like this:
> $mplayer -vo x11 -nosound ladyinthewater_h480p.mov
>
> And it plays video perfectly !!!
> But, as soon as I add any of the -ao options, it goes into slow
> motion (-ao oss), or goes choppy (-ao alsa).

It appears to play perfectly for me with no special options, using
MPlayer dev-CVS-051211-22:44-4.0.3 and ALSA audio output by default.
What version are you using?

If you still have problems with the latest CVS version, then you will
need to post the entire output of MPlayer when playing that file -
probably, both with and without the -nosound option.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.