[MPlayer-users] Re: Running Mplayer as Normal User

EC zybhjk at verizon.net
Mon Dec 12 04:16:52 CET 2005

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:21:50 -0800 (PST)
Ko Ko <kkl_sg at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   But still.. when I execute mplayer as normal user, to my disappointment, it still doesn't produce my avi capture to the folder. I really not sure why...

Still the same error? Is that the only one you're getting?

Can you provide the output of:

whoami; stat -c '%A %U %G\n' /home/www/webmovie.avi

as the user you are running the script as?
Try deleting the existing webmovie.avi before creating the new
one, or use a different name.  You already have a file of that name and
probably don't have the permissions to overwrite it.  Not mplayer's
fault at all.