[MPlayer-users] how to recognize deinterlaced video?

Dietmar Hofer didi at a-t-s.at
Fri Dec 2 09:40:39 CET 2005

I often use mplayer to get information about video files, since it prints to
console such usefull stuff like pid's in TS-streams, bitrates...
But I couldn't figure out how to know if a video stream is interlaced or not.
Can somebody please give me a hint about this?
I also wonder how in case of interlaced content the fps value is to
interpreted: as whole frames per second (which strictly speaking would be 2
frames in this case) or as half frames per second?