[MPlayer-users] Re: Multiple audios simultaneously

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Fri Dec 2 13:33:45 CET 2005

Antonin Kral wrote:

> I am just working on project where is needed to output two audios from
> DVD simultaneously. I have two sound cards and I need to get picture in
> sync with thou different audio tracks (two different languages).
>
> Is this possible with mplayer? I have checked sources and documentation
> and it looks to me that this wouldn't be easy to achieve.

You could dump the audio tracks, combine them into one 4-channel
track, remux with the video and then play the resulting stream.
That way you shouldn't have any sync drift.
However, you can't output into two soundcards at once with mplayer,
but if your soundcard is multichannel capable, then this should work
better anyway (since the clock is the same for all channels).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de