[MPlayer-users] Seek frame display frequency

Wed Aug 24 07:14:09 CEST 2005

--- Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 10:29:39PM -0700, mailing list wrote:
> > While playing audiovideo (movies, mpeg, avi, etc.) it
> > used to be in older versions of mplayer that seek
> > (default keys left, right, up, down) when holding the
> > keys down would wonderfully show a high frequency of
> > intermittant frames while in seek.  In addition, it
> > had very good response when letting go of the key.  I
> > found this to be a great method to precisely seek to
> > the position in the file I needed while in play.
>
> man mplayer
> /-key-fifo-size

Thank you so much.

That was half of the issue.  The manual page explained that I can set it to 2
for Linux to get the previous behavoir, and indeed, now it is much more
responsive, HOWEVER, it doesn't show a high frequency of frames any more; it
just sort of shows one frame every half a second.  Another option?

Sigh.

I'll have to return to this later.  I'll try to figure it out from patch sets
in pre6.

> It's even mentioned in the (admittedly large) pre6 ChangeLog.

I tried to read it but it was enormous and I wasn't sure if I'd see it even if
I read it ...