[MPlayer-users] BUG: sstep is broken

Pavlos Mavridis stud1313 at di.uoa.gr
Fri Aug 12 22:18:44 CEST 2005

Hi
I'm using mplayer with the -sstep option to create video thumbnails and
I have some problems. When the player reaches the last frame strange
things happen.

In most cases I get repeatedly the following warning
[mpeg4 @ 0x8480348]warning: first frame is no keyframe
and the last frame/thumbnail keeps replicated until I manually close the
player.

In some other cases I don't get output at all until the playback reaches
the last frame, which keeps replicated until I exit the player.

To replicate the above behavior just try the following with any avi/wmv
mplayer -sstep 100 foobar.avi

Interestingly, mpg files seems to work correcly.

Thanks
Pavlos

ps. keep me in the cc because I'm not subscribed on the list.