[MPlayer-users] Solution required...(very urgent)

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Sat Apr 30 18:24:51 CEST 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 08:30:46 -0500
"Umer Naseer" <umer at wavetec.com> wrote:

> Now if i use slave command "loadfile" for loading "1.mpg"
> this flickers the screens i.e. the screens goes blank for 2 seconds
> and then the new show is loaded. This effect is highly undesireable.
> I did one
> more test. i ran 2 instances of mplayer using slave mode. i pause
> one mplayer and let the another mplayer to run. when some counter
> calls the customer, i pause the first mplayer and resume the other
> mplayer. this gives me very very smmoth transition between the
> movies. this effect is perfect. but the problem is that 1 have 100
> counters and ofcourse i cannot create 100 instances of mplayer.

How about starting a new mplayer when you need to display a counter
rather than having two going all the time. You can delay pausing the
movie for a couple of seconds to avoid the flicker. I don't know if
it will work but it's worth a try.

Alternatively, maybe you could run 100 mplayers if you built a cut
down version with only the features you need and use shared libraries
instead of static where possible.

Martin