[MPlayer-users] DVD Audio level

Jon Morris jon at noga.cc
Fri Apr 29 02:20:11 CEST 2005

Thanks for the earlier help encoding my DVD with english audio.  Now I have a different problem.

The audio is very quiet.  Is there something I can add to the mencoder command line to increase the volume level?  I saw that I can run the audio through a filter with a This is what I am using so far:

mencoder dvd://1 -ofps 24000/1001 -oac copy -vf crop=720:352:0:60,hqdn3d=2:1:2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2400:v4mv:mbd=2:trell:cmp=3:subcmp=3:mbcmp=3:autoaspect:vpass=1 -alang en -o filename.avi

I found the -af volume option, however if I can use this instead of the -oac copy what else do I need to specify in addition to the volume setting?

Thanks,
Jon