[MPlayer-users] Full Screen on OS X

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Wed Apr 27 23:29:40 CEST 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 05.20, Volker Eckert wrote:

> On 22. Apr 2005, at 13:20 Uhr, Kichigai Mentat wrote:
>> compiled binary had was Quartz. It allowed for video to be played
>> back in full screen, after switching the screen resolution to the
>> lowest available (unless otherwise chosen by the user, me). However,
>> the custom compiled binary I have (Yes, runtime CPU detection is
>> disabled) does not offer this feature. I can't even change the full
>> screen resolution with MPlayer.
>>
>> Maybe I was wrong, perhaps it's using SDL for this, but then SDL
>> would have to be installed on my system, and as far as the MPlayer
>> version I compiled cares, SDL does not exist. Is there something I
>> missed, or did something change between versions?
>>

> well, don't know if i got you wrong, but 1.0pre7 plays in fullscreen
> mode with vo quartz on my g4 ibook (10.3.8)... i didn't switch screen
> resolution, though (if that's your point)
Well, actually, switching resolution was my point. What I'm saying is
that since the feature exists in the pre-compiled binaries for OS X,
why doesn't compiling include them, or what is it that I'm missing that
would allow for resolution switching?

> hth.
>
> regards,
> Volker.

Duct Tape Tip No. 162:
	Write a book about duct tape's many uses.
	--The Duct Tape Book by Jim and Tim