[MPlayer-users] No audio encoder (-oac) selected

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Apr 17 23:43:40 CEST 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 03:26:01PM -0500, Larry wrote:

> I have upgraded MPlayer 1.0pre6-3.3.4
> Now when I try to record tv programs I get the following error;
>
> No audio encoder (-oac) selected
>
> I do have an aoudio encoder selected. I read the manpage and did
> mencoder -oac mp3lame on the command line and I still get the error.
>
> Here is the command line I used which has worked for a long time but
> not with the upgraded edition. Can someone tell me what's up?
>
> BTW, the way the TV works fine just running it on mplayer.
>

> time=$(date +%d_%m_%Y)
>
> /usr/local/bin/mencoder tv://14 -tv driver=v4l:width=320:height=240: \
> forceaudio:forcechan=2:norm=ntsc:chanlist=us-cable -oac mp3lame -ovc \
> lavc -endpos 01:00:00 -o show.$time

is this your literal command, including spaces and backslashes? if so,
there's your problem. there's a space in the suboptions to -tv, so
"forceaudio:forcechan=2:norm=ntsc:chanlist=us-cable" is treated as a
second filename to encode, and the -oac option doesn't get applied to
the first file (although it should be a global option..?)

in any case please be sure you've given us the exact command line
you're using. i expect there's something silly going wrong.

rich