[MPlayer-users] Compile MPlayer with stripped down libavcodec

Stephan Verhoeven grotesteph at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 16:33:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

I can compile MPlayer just fine under Mingw (WinXP SP2), but now I'm
trying to compile it with a limited libavcodec. Basically I only want
the MPEG4 ASP and H264 decoding ability of it. I think this should be
possible because in the allcodecs.c file in the libavcodec dir it
mentions this somewhere in the beginning of the file:

/* If you do not call this function, then you can select exactly which
   formats you want to support */ /

/I'm not really great with compiling things though, so I have no idea
what I should change or exclude to get it to do what I want.

I hope I have explained my problem sufficiently and would be thankful
for any pointers towards solving it.

Kind regards,

Stephan