[MPlayer-users] Re: Compile failed on 'incompatible pointer type' !

Adam Bogacki afb at paradise.net.nz
Mon Sep 20 12:45:01 CEST 2004

Hey, cool it guys ... there are always new people discovering Mplayer.

We appreciate  the efforts of the team behind it,
and  have heard of comings and goings, perhaps
not unconnected with developments such as Helix.

I have both, but prefer the command line flexibility of Mplayer
for certain applications (in my case an evolving jazz playlist).

It's very easy to get obsessed with technique and forget about
usability.

I configured MPlayer with

./configure --language=en --enable-gui --disable-runtime-cpudetection

but sometimes find audio crackling, not unlike short-wave interference.

I note that the only available audio drivers are currently
mpegp, oss, esd, null, & psm, with alsa and others disabled.

You are right ... I'll have to have another look at the documentation
which I last did some time ago.

Some of us are working on having a life away from the CPU,
but don't tell anyone.

Cheers,

Adam Bogacki,
afb at paradise.net.nz