[MPlayer-users] Playing multiple movies simultaneously

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Sep 17 19:13:58 CEST 2004

On Friday, 17 September 2004 at 11:04, scorproy at HotPOP.com wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> >On Thursday, 16 September 2004 at 11:22, scorproy at HotPOP.com wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>  Is it possible to play/stream multiple movies SIMULTANEOUSLY using
> >>mplayer?
> >
> >Yes. You just need a free vo/ao device pair for each new movie. For
> >example, my gfx card supports two XVideo overlays, so I can play two
> >movies using -vo xv:port=88,xv:port=89 and -ao esd/arts/whatever.
> >
> Thanks Dominik. How do specify multiple source files?

You don't. That is, if you want to play multiple files simultaneously. You
just run a second MPlayer instance. I have the settings above in my config
file, so I don't have to type them at all times.

Please don't insert so many empty lines when you write your reply.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/