[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0pre5

g0tcha g0tcha at webmail.co.za
Thu Sep 2 14:07:09 CEST 2004

Hi

What I would like to do is play a bunch of files (jpeg, jpg, mpeg, avi) in a
directory called /media, I would like to do this using mplayer but the
problem with running the command

[root at testbed media]#mplayer *

is that it only plays the clips and not the jpegs and if I run the command

[root at testbed media]#mplayer mf://* -fps 0.1

It plays the pics but not the clips.

I basically need to play all formats of media in the /media directory,

but also bare in mind that I will need to remove and add clips on weekly
basis, and I found if you do a command " mplayer -loop 0 * " on a directory
and remove any file from that directory and add a new clip, mplayer
obviously doesn't play the removed clip but it doesn't also play the added
NEW addition to the directory.

Scripting something would propably help , as the playlist option doesn't
allow the playing of jpegs.

Any help scripts pointing in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated. :-)

regards