[MPlayer-users] Why only progressive output? and Interlace?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 29 22:08:27 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 06:42:06PM +0200, Xenio wrote:
> Thanks, but no one understand that I DO NOT want deinterlace the video
>
> The source is captured with interlace field 25 fps (50 field) and I just
> want to play with interlace field on the tv
>

> Is it possible? Or Mplayer internally convert always in progressive frame
> before send to the output?

mplayer doesn't convert it, but it also isn't possible for mplayer to
sync to video refresh. so there is no way to actually play interlaced
video with mplayer. it should work 'mostly' correctly as long as your
timers are accurate, but every once it a while it may double or lose a
pair of fields and look very bad.

rich