[MPlayer-users] Hardware Acceleration for DVD playback

EFlyers flyers at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 21 01:39:22 CEST 2004

No vesa or directfb drivers.

I would assume these would be better than what you have mentioned. I'd see if
you could get them..

You may try changing your hdparms on your dvd player if it has DMA
capabilitys?

 sbin/hdparm -d1 /dev/dvd

The audio may seem to be running fine..but maybe taking up a good chunk of
your processor feed..... I tryed to play vob files on my old p3 600 and
mplayer would by default downmix the 5.1 to 2 channels, where by the audio
sounded good, but the video took the beating, because of it..

Your computer is too slow to do ANY down mixing.

You might want to try -channels 6 to prevent the CPU trying to downmixing.

In all seriousness, why not buy, borrow, or  beg  for a faster CPU... unless
you just want to amaze your friends. 333Mhz is the bare minimum you could
even attempt to run DVD's decently.

Cheers,

Gary