[MPlayer-users] xvid video won't play anymore

mith mrog83 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 12 10:50:23 CEST 2004

Hi,
I am using mplayer version
"MPlayer 1.0pre5-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team"
A couple of days ago I could play xvid files without a problem and now
all of a sudden it just won't work anymore!
I know that sounds strange but that's the way it is.. when I try playing
the file the player window appears but stays black, when I seek in the
stream then the player jumps to the scene and shows that scene, so I
guess the xvid support is still there, the whole file simply won't play...
when I try running the file as root then evertime I seek the screen a
screenshot is taken :) I am not sure if that's really intended..
any ideas?
thx,
mith