[MPlayer-users] No audio in qtime (.mov) videos

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Oct 6 23:20:19 CEST 2004

Hi,
works for me:
> Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
> QuickTime5 DLLs found
> QuickTime.qts patched!!! old entry=0x62924c30
> theQuickTimeDispatcher catched -> 0x62924c30
> WARNING! Invalid Ptr handle!
>
> ### Searching for QuickTime plugins (*.qtx) at /usr/lib/win32...
> ### FindNext: BeHereiVideo.qtx
> ### FindNext: Indeo4.qtx
> ### FindNext: On2_VP3.qtx
> ### FindNext: ZyGoVideo.qtx
> ### FindNext: QuickTimeEssentials.qtx
> ### FindNext: 3ivx Delta 3.5.qtx
> theQuickTimeDispatcher catched -> 0x62924c30
> AUDIO: 22050 Hz, 1 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 2993->44100 (23,9 kbit)
> Selected audio codec: [qdmc] afm:qtaudio (Quicktime QDMC/QDM2 audio decoders)

Probably you still have Quicktime installed somewhere

> 1)  removed all files from my /usr/local/lib/codecs directory

That's not enough, try to remove any of the libraries mentioned above
and the qtmlClient.dll from anywhere where MPlayer could load it from.
If in doubt just remove them all ;-)

[...]
> the exact same results as posted below.  I have found one very old .mov
> file that does play with audio.

That would be probably because there is a codec for it in libavcodec.

And please don't top-post, letting all the old mails hang around at the
end of your mail... There they serve no benefit beyond filling mailboxes.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger