[MPlayer-users] ER - recognize standard playlist

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Nov 22 20:49:51 CET 2004

Hi,
> >>Yes, a file containing a list with all the filenames, one per line. I
> >>think nearly every program supports that (and if not a simple shell
> >>script or even xargs alone can help)...
> >
> >I think mPlayer (and all others) should have a default playlist filename.
> >That way when I swap CD's with a friend, we are more likely to have the
> >same filename.  I vote for PlayMe.m3u, because that is what I have started
> >using. OTOH, it is kinda gay, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is
> >something better.
>
> Why should there be a default? If you want something to be played
> without user intervention, I think the most obvious action would be
> to play /*.m3u

Actually I use a little script:

find $1 -type f -fprint /tmp/all_list
mplayer -vc null -vo null -noquiet -loop 0 -shuffle -playlist
/tmp/all_list

That will play all files in the directory I specify and I don't need any
playlist...
By fine-tuning the find you could of course avoid playing files that
aren't media files...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger

P.S.: The -loop 0 -shuffle combination will work correctly only with
latest CVS...