[MPlayer-users] libdha pci scan failure

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 01:38:58 CET 2004

Ok....

I am running all of this as root (however, the X server is running as
a user account).  But, the libdha test program is being run in root,
so it's entirely an issue with that -- it's not a permissions thing
that can be cured by the super user.

Also, the video card drivers have nothing to do with it because it is
a libdha problem.  Not to mention, the fglrx drivers are the official
ATI drivers (and also the only drivers available with the Radeon
hardware acceleration support -- so it's not a choice).

The use of the opengl video output driver does work, HOWEVER, I have
found it in my experience to be unstable and laggy.  If i move the
window or change workspaces, the system lags to hell for about 5
seconds.  Pretty annoying.  Vidix has worked in the past for me on
this system in previous environments.  Something about the current
environment is causing this, as to what that is is a complete mystery
to me.
Perhaps it's something to do with my kernel version
(gentoo-dev-sources' 2.6.9-r1) or the way I configured it.  In fact if
I had to out-right guess, my guess would be to that effect.  In part I
was hoping for someone to recognize the symptoms of it..

-lint