[MPlayer-users] Subtitles position with vf expand with centered video

Fernando Junior cusquinho at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:04:22 CET 2004

Hello,

  Here is what I am trying:

mplayer Cd1/dvp-awcd1.avi -sub
Around.The.World.In.80.Days.DVDRip.XViD-DvP.CD1.srt -fs -zoom -vf
expand=0:-100:::1 -subpos 100

  The video gets green and blinking (defaults for -vo x11). If I use
-vo gl, everything works but its too slow for my notebook. If I use
-vo xv video gets really nice but subtitles wont appear.

   By the way, the video only gets green and blinking using x11, if I
set the -vf expand line. Otherwise it works just fine (with subs).

Any ideas ?

Thanks