[MPlayer-users] Re: Can't seek beyond 1GB

Michael Weissenbacher webmaster at dermichi.com
Tue May 25 18:05:08 CEST 2004

> It would be cool if you could change ODML_CHUNKLEN in
> libmpdemux/muxer_avi.c to the commented out value (which should be 16MB
> per chunk), reproduce the problem with that and upload the borken file.
yesterday i compiled the cvs version (dev-CVS-040524-06:00-3.3.2),
changed the ODML_CHUNKLEN and encoded a file. i uploaded it at:
http://www.dermichi.com/ablage/movie.avi
this file plays and seeks ok with mplayer(CVS), but fails to seek
correctly with 1.0pre4. it seems to me that 1.0-pre4 cannot detect that
the file is in OpenDML format.
when using ogmmerge it only "sees" the first chunk (8mb) of the file and
ignores the rest. xine (v0.9.23) can't play this file at all. i also
tried it with windows media player and the file plays correctly there.

i also uploaded
http://www.dermichi.com/ablage/movie2.avi
which i 'fixed' with -ovc copy -oac copy (with the CVS version, 1.0pre4
won't fix it). this file is detected correctly by xine and ogmmerge, but
fails to play with 1.0pre4.

just this second i finished encoding another 1.5gb avi file (with
1.0pre4) that won't seek over 1gb. still i cannot find any pattern to
reproduce the error with 100% probabilty. i will try with the same
settings and another input file now.

regards
michael weissenbacher