[MPlayer-users] Multimedia keys

Giulio Genovese genovese at sns.it
Sun May 23 02:57:00 CEST 2004

I would like to bind my multimedia keys on my laptop and I was trying to
associate to some keys the following commands:
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[XF86XK_AudioStop]'
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[XF86XK_AudioPrev]'
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[XF86XK_AudioNext]'
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[XF86XK_AudioPause]'
but nothing happen when I press them and mplayer is executing. If I associate
these commands:
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[q]'
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[Down]'
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[Up]'
xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[p]'
then of course it does work but I would like to know how to make it work with
the right keysyms.