[MPlayer-users] VSCREENINFO

Nicolas Godzik nicolas.godzik at inria.fr
Thu May 13 23:00:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using kernel 2.6.5 and with default debian installation with kernel 2.4.26 it works perfectly,

but I don't know why it can't work with 2.6.5 , here is the end of mplayer text when I try to see a video file:

VO: [fbdev] 160x120 => 160x120 BGR 24-bit
Can't put VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.

FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or video output (-vo).

I try to search what is the signification of this VSCREENINFO but I didn't manage to find...

do you have and idea about that?

peurhaps some kernel options are necessary, I know FrameBuffer is necessary but it's the only option for mplayer in 2.6.5?

thanks in advance for any help...