[MPlayer-users] DVD menus

Tate Austin tate.austin at graysail.com
Mon May 10 23:08:31 CEST 2004

Are there currently any plans to implement DVD menus in mplayer?  I love the DVD playback, but the DVDs I tried had multiple episodes of a TV show on them.  I couldn't seem to make mplayer understand that I wanted to go to the next episode.  I don't understand what it terms as "titles".  I assumed that it would be one "title" per episode, then within  that title you would have "chapters" but I don't understand what the logic is.  I realize it may simply be that without an understanding of menus, factoring the content of a DVD is kind of shooting blindly.  I use Ogle now for most of my DVD needs, but Mplayer's playback I think is smoother and cleaner.