[MPlayer-users] No sound with -ac hwac3 -ao alsa1x:spdif on nforce2 card

Thomas Kranz tkran2002 at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 25 04:53:06 CET 2004

I don't understand your problem exactly, but I've a similiar configuration:
Yamaha amp with sb live digital out (optical). Earlier an coaxial output.
If the stream is not recognized as digital by mplayer or it is no digital stream
it falls back to pcm out. So you have to add an
-ac hwac3,
not only -ac hwac3
This only the only thing I can say to your problem.
Mplayer makes with my configuration no problems - maybe it's an alsa or
pass through problem.

Thomas