[MPlayer-users] No sound with -ac hwac3 -ao alsa1x:spdif on nforce2 card

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Tue Mar 23 21:25:00 CET 2004

Hello

I've got no spdif output mplayer does work with '-ac hwac3 -ao
alsa1x:spdif' on my nforce2 sound card. On the other hand a DTS stream
is correcly sent to my Yamaha amplifier.

This information may not be related although it may help: the yamaha
amplifier is able to detect whether the DTS stream comes from a DVD or
a CD/Laserdisc.

When I play a dvd with player, the DTS stream is flagged as coming
from a CD/Laserdisc.

mplayer version is  1:1.0-pre3cvs20040314-0.0

Can someone help me on this topic ? Or is it a bug in mplayer ?

Thanks